Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Family Memories

I know that I have talked about Google Docs a lot at work. We are using the applications more and more to collaborate and share documents. Well, today I started a Family Memories document and shared it with my immediate family. I intend to make this a living document that we continue to add to as we create memories. You never know what is meaningful to others until they start to share their memories. For example, when I knew that I was going to propose to Kristi, I was afraid that she would say no. I didn't tell anyone what I was going to do. We went to a play at Christmas time and before the play (Phantom of the Opera) we were talking about church and singing in church. To make a long story as short as possible, Kristi made the comment, "We would have to be married before I would let you hear me sing." Little did she know that I already had the ring and planned to ask her to marry me sometime, somehow after the play. I had no idea what I was doing or how to go about the whole thing. I took the ring out of my bag. Just as I turned around to try and figure a way to actually propose, Kristi turned and walked toward me. The thing that came to mind was to open up the engagement ring box and say, "I want to hear you sing." Well, she didn't say, "no". There have been many memories since then - some good, some not as good. But, the rules of the memories document is that they need to be positive or sentimental memories. It will be interesting to look at this over time and see what is memorable to each of us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really liked this story it's a lot better than a blind date to fla and the date never shows up but my future wife does
signed roy van orden class of 87

Unknown said...

I don't know. This sounds like a pretty cool memory, too!