Sunday, March 1, 2009

What Do You Think About?



When you have the time to think and plan about things other than school or work, about what do you get excited? For me, it is travel. Kristi and I have taken a cruise five of the last six years. We took our first with the prompting of our brother-in-law whose boss's wife is a travel agent who specializes in cruising. Well, after that first one, we were hooked. Since that first Eastern Caribbean cruise, we have done the Western Caribbean, Hawaii, Southern Caribbean, and Mexico. We just finished booking our sixth cruise. We are going back to the Caribbean, but are hitting a couple of new places. I know that I have said before how much I like to travel. Kristi and I have considered how we can incorporate travel into a post retirement job. We will be doing more traveling than just the cruise. The cruise is just for us this year. We have taken the kids on one cruise because the entire family was going, but we want to wait until the kids are a little more independent before we take them again. We are working on a Route 66 road trip out to the Grand Canyon with them for this summer. I hope you have time to think and plan for some special times that don't have anything to do with school or your work!

No comments: